Our NV diet pill review looks at a product that not only promises rapid weight loss but thicker hair, stronger nails and hair that shines, too. Really?
The advertising blurb for NV diet pills claims that they’re, “…the world’s first rapid weight loss formula with beauty enhancing properties!”
You’re promised a “slimmer, sleeker and more sultry body”. Sultry! Give me a break…
I don’t know, the lengths that advertisers will go to get you to buy something…I’d like to see how they substantiate ‘sultry’!
Anyway, with an objective head on, let’s check out this “cutting edge” product…
NV Diet Pill Review – What is it…?
Well the packaging certainly looks a cut above most weight loss products. More like designer skincare products or perfume than slimming pills!
But what about the contents of this sleek and sexy package?
Apparently, “You can rapidly achieve a slimmer body and the complete beauty that you deserve.” So how do NV diet pills achieve that remarkable feat?
They contain three “complexes”. One energises you, one helps you to lose weight and the third nurtures your nails, hair and skin.
#1 Weight Loss Complex:
Touted to burn fat, burn more calories and suppress your appetite, it contains:
- Green tea extract – One of the few supplements that has some scientific evidence to back up the weight loss claims. It may increase your metabolic rate by around 80 calories a day. For more info check out our green tea review
- Theobromine – There is some limited evidence that it has a thermogenic effect – increases energy consumption and heat production – but the quantities in this product are probably too small to have much of an effect
- Hoodia – Again there is some evidence that hoodia gordonii acts as an appetite suppressant. Whether it justifies the hype is another matter! Read our hoodia review for more info
#2 Energy Complex
Promoted as a way to “feel dynamic” and add “vivacity” without jitters, it contains:
- Taurine – An amino acid that’s a staple in pretty much every energy drink and for which there is some credible evidence to substantiate its energy enhancing properties
- Ginseng – Another supplement that has a long history and has been shown to increase energy and mental acuity
- Rhodiola Rosea – Less evidence to substantiate claims that it increases concentration, alertness and cognitive function. I’ve seen little evidence to support claims that it decreases fatigue during and following aerobic exercise, though
#3 Beauty Complex
This is the complex that’s supposed to condition your skin, nails and hair and contains:
- Collagen – Collagen is responsible for skin tone and elasticity. Collagen is found in all ‘anti-wrinkle creams’. Sure, there’s evidence that is helps reverse the signs of aging in a skin cream. The evidence that it will do the same in a pill is less clear, though
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) – A powerful antioxidant found in flax seeds for instance. ALA is converted to the essential fatty acids EPA and DHA and has been shown to help protect against heart disease and some cancers. Here its used to protect skin cells by regenerating glutathione
- Silica – A component of hair and nails, it has a role in collagen synthesis
- Biotin – One of the B complex vitamins. There’s evidence that it can strengthen skin and nails
- Coenzyme Q10 – Naturally present in the skin and found in pretty much every skin care product, it helps maintain skin health and tone
You take two NV tablets a day and are recommended to watch what you eat, to drink plenty of water and to exercise.
NV Diet Pill Review – Does it Work…?
There are some worthwhile ingredients in this product and our NV diet pill review would suggest there’s some merit in the product itself.
However, the claims that taking the pills will result in fast weight loss are hogwash.
There is evidence that one or two of the ingredients can raise your metabolism and reduce appetite.
However, they alone are not going to result in much in the way of fat loss – certainly not in the short term.
Take the pills as a supplement to a diet and exercise program and they may help increase the rate at which weight is lost and to control cravings.
But taken on their own…we’re sceptical as far as our NV diet pill review is concerned. There’s just no independent, credible research to back up the claims.
As far as increasing your energy is concerned then yes, they may well do so.
NV Diet Pill Reviews
At $50 for a month's supply - you can get discounts on the internet - these pills are expensive.Do you really need them to lose weight and improve your appearance? As far as our NV diet pill review is concerned then probably not!A healthy balanced diet and regular exercise should take care of your excess fat and will do wonders for your hair, skin and nails.
However, no more than a can of Red Bull will!
As far as the beauty complex is concerned…well, why not just buy a decent skin care product and apply it to your face? There’s plenty of evidence to suggest that that will have the desired effect.
NV Diet Pill Review – The Bottom Line…
This is far from the worst product we’ve reviewed.
However, don’t for one moment think that once you start taking the pills the weight will drop off, you’ll have hair like Jeniffer Aniston and the face of a 20 year-old… Unless you are Jenifer Aniston or are 20, that is!
At $50 for a month’s supply – you can get discounts on the internet – these pills are expensive.
Do you really need them to lose weight and improve your appearance? As far as our NV diet pill review is concerned then probably not!
A healthy balanced diet and regular exercise should take care of your excess fat and will do wonders for your hair, skin and nails.
Supplement that with a decent multivitamin and mineral complex, if you like and use a good shampoo, conditioner and SPF 15 moisturiser.
Our NV diet pill review verdict? Some decent ingredients, but save your hard earned cash!